Author: Elaine Kirn-Rubin
Suitable for: 6-8, Students, Instructors and Tutors. Secondary Students, Young Adults, Adults, independent learners, and Home School students. For English improvement, ESL, EFL, Literacy, WIOA, Career and College, and Corrections Institutions. New Readers; Beginning through Intermediate Language Learners
What It Is: A 108-page comprehensive source of "Everything to Know (Now) about Teaching & Learning Language Skills with Special-Occasion Materials"
Why You Need It: Midway through Fall of every academic year, both teachers and learners feel "ready for a break," especially as the real holiday season approaches. On the other hand, there's always so much material to cover--and so much to do to achieve language-learning goals--that responsible educators and students feel reluctant to "waste time just having fun."
It's the generic concepts in this annoyingly long special-occasion How-to Teaching Resource that can fix the dilemma. With real information based on examples of an early but unofficial "holiday," Halloween & Related Occasions, it will help instructors to:
- establish a precedent of seamlessly inserting "fun" material into proven learner-centered formats that support skills-based language education
- present Anglo-based history, customs, & literature with supplied reading material, motivating further research
What It Does:
- present or learn subject matter through multi-level "Reading Kits with Exercises," following up with Information-Quizzes, Short-Essay Answers, the oral skills "Expert Game," and/or even the "Game of Knowledge"
- build vocabulary through traditional strategies like Vocabulary-from-Context (Charts) and Fill-Ins but also 6 kinds of challenging Word Puzzles and 6 kinds of Picture Games (including One-Two-Three, Tic-Tac-Toe, Bingo/Lotto, and competitive Card Play
- advance listening/speaking skills through oral story telling; with Sentence Strips & Information-Gap activities; Sequenced Action Series; and other speech + discussion
To Buy Print Version Click Here!