Authors: Elaine Kirn-Rubin & Arthur E. Rubin
Suitable for: K-8, Secondary, Young Adult, Adult; Pre-Literate to New Readers; Basic to Beginning Language Learners
What They Are: Five Versions of four-of-a-kind 26-Letter Alphabet Cards with a 24-page book that helps teach "everything teachers/learners want to know first about the English Alphabetic Writing System."
ALREADY PRINTED (B & W), PERFORATED, EASY TO SEPARATE AND USE, AT FULL-PRICE + SHIPPING.
Why You Need Them: New readers at any age, learners of English as a Second or Foreign Language, and everyone that studies or works with printed or hand-written English have to know the names of the 26 letters and their order in the alphabet. They also appreciate hands-on, practical experience that has them manipulate the content they're acquiring. These five (5) complete 104-card packs and ideas will help them to:
- recognize, name, match, and sequence most varieties of printed and handwritten alphabet letters
- use their knowledge and skill to engage in and keep learning from a variety of innovative activities and cooperative/competitive card and board games
- begin to understand oral spelling; say letters aloud; write what they hear; alphabetize; look up items; differentiate between letters and sounds in reading, phonics, and pronunciation; and notice how the language works at the most detailed level
- five (5) complete 104-card sets of 4 matching letters each: a pair of one upper-case (capital) and one lower-case (small) manuscript (block) letters plus one upper-case and one lower-case cursive (handwritten) letter
- a large variety of fonts (type faces) especially useful to native speakers/writers of languages that don't use of the roman/English alphabet. Some of these even include penmanship guidelines, shapes displaying "key words that start with those letters," and/or miniature images of classic playing cards with suits and ranks
- plenty to do, make creative use of, and learn from, convincing educators and students from the start that learning can be natural, stress-reducing, and fun.
CLICK ON EACH IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD and TRY
TOC and 3 PAGE description of these Games and OTHER
Alphabet Learning - Teaching materials